From: Nicole Galliott
Sent: November-05-13 9:25 AM
Subject: FW: maestro* Weekly Tips & Tricks - Credit Validation & Blocking Customers
Tips & Tricks for Monday November 4th, 2013
Blocking Customer Accounts with Overdue Balances
Credit Validation can be used to automatically select customers to BLOCK or UNBLOCK based on their Accounts Receivable status and according to their payment agreements.
These payment agreements can be setup with default values, or specific rules for each customer.
Setup the basic credit validation rules in General Settings:
- This configuration will tell the system to block ALL customers who have invoice balances over $100, and which are outstanding more than 30 days past the due date.
You can also control these validation rules by individual customers from within the Customer Management file:
*The settings in the Customer Management file will over-ride the General Settings configurations
Once these rules are configured, you can then run the credit validation utility on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, and the system will automatically mark each account as ‘Blocked’ or ‘With Warning’
- Invoicing -> Maintenance -> Credit Validation
- Review the results and click the BLUE ARROW to accept and make the account changes.
Now when you try to enter a transaction for any of the blocked customers, you will see the message below.
- If you have chosen to BLOCK this customer, then the block must be removed before any transactions can be entered.
- If you have chosen a WARNING for this customer, then you can click ok on the warning and continue with the transaction.
If you have any Tips & Tricks that you think other maestro* users would find helpful, please email them to email@example.com
We look forward to sharing more great Tips and Tricks each week.
The Murray Skerrett Team